Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn EP instructions: "Stake all nuts"; what does it mea

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn EP instructions: "Stake all nuts"; what does it mean?
From: Tom WA9WSJ via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2018 21:33:37 +0000 (UTC)
 I agree. I used red loctite on my equalizer plate hardware and for 18 years
have not had any nut/bolts come apart.
Tom

I should point out that back in the 60s, they didn't have all these nice
polymerics available at the local hardware store, like thread lockers
and epoxy.

There's no reason to follow the "that's what we did when assembling
Liberty Ships, and this newfangled stuff is no good"  - loctite (or it's
generic equivalents) would almost certainly meet your need.