[TowerTalk] Guy Anchor Question

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy Anchor Question
From: Ed G <ed.n3cw@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 15:02:46 -0400
I have one set of guys on my 60 ft tower where the two turnbuckles for the mid
and top guys are about at their maximum limit. There is maybe an inch of thread
left to make adjustments on each of the rods. I really need to let out a bit
more and tighten up the other two sets of guys to get the tower perfectly
vertical.

How far out can one safely open up the turnbuckle adjustments?

Of course I can re-install a couple new guy grips a bit farther out on the EHS,
and that would allow me to close up the turnbuckles, but I’m investigating
another option.  Anyone see any problem with turning out the screw-in guy
anchor on the affected set of guys perhaps one turn?  It’s a five foot anchor
and it is in pretty far already (about 6 inches extending from the ground).
Just unscrewing the guy anchor one turn will probably give me the slack I need
in the one set of guys without having to open up the turnbuckle to where I have
almost no threads left in the adjusting rods.

--Ed—

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

---