Re: [TowerTalk] Guy Anchor Question

To: <tom@n1mm.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guy Anchor Question
From: "chet moore" <chetmoore@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 12:58:27 -0400
an easy way to do it would use a come-along with two kline bare wire  1613-40
grips,(not to be confused with  guy grips that remain on the guy permanently)
pull it tight, adjust the turnbuckles and be back in business in 30 minutes or
less. If you don’t have those KLEIN grips, maybe an individual or club one in
your area does.  I just looked at mine and there is another number 37 - 40 on
it.    I bought mine  15 years ago and have only used them maybe 5 times. I
just googled it and I see the klein grips themselves are Now about $90 and you
need two wire grips plus the come along.  The come along I have uses 2 pulleys
so its only a one man job. If you use one of the harbor freight come a longs
you might need a helper to do the job. I would think that most linemen would
have these on their truck and maybe even some rental places might have them.
When I bought mine, I think I only paid $79 for the whole rig.

Chet N4FX