Re: [TowerTalk] Pacemaker

To: "'Russ Dearmore'" <champsruss@yahoo.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pacemaker
From: "James C. Hall, MD" <heartdoc@nwtcc.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 19:56:41 -0500
Russ:

Jim is quite correct. The modern day pacemaker, of which I implant fairly
frequently, is well shielded and not susceptible to frequencies discussed. It
is also not susceptible to microwaves coming from the kitchen, even if you have
your chest right up on the oven.

Recommendations are to avoid impulse type energy such as that emanated from
2-stroke engines such as chainsaws. The weird one as far as recommendations is
cell phones - it is recommended that you use the opposite ear from the side the
pacemaker is implanted. I guess they assumesomething is between the ears that
will attenuate adequately ! :) If you are not pacemaker dependent, you won't
have to worry about this.

I implant one tomorrow morning, in fact.

73, Jamie
WB4YDL