Re: [TowerTalk] Pacemaker

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pacemaker
From: "Jeff DePolo" <jd0@broadsci.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 21:33:31 -0400
> Neutrik makes high quality audio connectors that ARE
> distributed here, ARE price-competitive with Switchcraft, the
> major mfr here, and equal to or better than Switchcraft.

I can't imagine ever going back to using Switchcraft XLR's or 1/4" plugs
after using Neutrik for the last 20+ years.  Yet there are still those out
there that spec them or insist on using them for reasons that I'll probably
never understand or agree with...

> Huber and Suhner connectors are an order of magnitude more expensive
> than Amphenol, and not widely distributed in NA. The RFS
> connectors I've seen here are intended for use at VHF/UHF and with hard
line.
> I've never heard of Spinner.

Spinner OEM's connectors for a number of manufacturers of heliax-style
cables.  They manufacture many, if not most, of the connectors for RFS,
Eupen, and others.  Within the last few years, Spinner has also been making
connectors for Commscope (the former Andrew product line), particularly for
air-dielectric Heliax cables.  They also sell/market connectors under their
own name, but here in the US, you don't see them very often.  Spinner makes
good stuff, right up there with H+S.

                                --- Jeff WN3A

---