Re: [TowerTalk] Marking?Identifying Coax Cables

To: w7wll@arrl.net, Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Marking?Identifying Coax Cables
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2018 19:59:33 -0700
I use a Brother P-Touch label maker - about 1/2" wide tape length along the coax then a strip of Gorilla clear tape about an inch longer.  The Gorilla is wide enough to wrap more than all the way around.  Based on other experience with Gorilla tape I think it will be "permanent".    Tension the cable to straight when applying both tapes. Nothing to snag or make it harder to pull or wear off.  The print can be made small and both tapes cut to fit on RG6 and quarter inch sizes.

Another clear vinyl tape I used a while ago had adhesive that went gooey in 10 years but protected the label ok.  The goo cleaned up ok with Goof-Off.  So far no problems with Gorilla.  I found the small roll of their clear tape at a big box store.  When I test spare or FD cables for loss, I add a label "date - loss db @ 30MHz".

Grant KZ1W