[TowerTalk] Ham-IV rotor will not turn

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ham-IV rotor will not turn
From: "Ron 'KF5JRA' Rosson" <kf5jra@oneinsane.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 14:43:18 +0000
Went to go and try to work E6Y today and found out that I can not turn my rotor. So at lunch time when it got warmer I did what any good ham operator would do and started troubleshooting: Check connection at the pigtail of the Green Heron (good)Metered out the pins at the plug (disconnected from the GH) (good)checked with original hygain controller (failed)Climbed up on the roof and loosened the bolts on the rotor for the mast to make sure thrust bearing was not seized. Mast and antenna turned like a champ.Tested rotor for rotation (failed)

So I put everything back the way it was and am now reaching out since I have exhausted my knowledge of what else to test before attempting to remove the rotor.

This antenna system has only been up just barely over two years, see (http://www.oneinsane.org/home/roof-top-tower-installed) the only thing I can think of is I am binding somewhere and like I mentioned I have exhausted my knowledge base.

Any ideas?

--
73 de KF5JRA
Ron