Re: [TowerTalk] freight services

To: reflector -tower <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] freight services
From: Kevin Kidd <kkbroadcastengineering@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2018 18:55:06 -0600
Although I still use UShip occasionally, the service is very, very hit and
miss.  Be prepared for a flood of responses from brokers that will take
your money and then try to find a little guy that will do the haul for what
they will pay.

Then again, sometimes you will get a carrier that is the absolute most
conscientious and careful person ever.  I recently tried to get a piece of
equipment moved from MN to TN and went thru 3 different UShip carriers
before finding one that actually appeared for the pickup in the same week
as scheduled.  He delivered to my driveway earlier than promised and helped
unload.

The normal LTL common carriers will haul almost anything that will fit into
their 53ft trucks.  For a price...

Kevin C. Kidd, CSRE/AMD
Lawrenceburg, TN
AM Ground Systems Company  -  WD4RAT