Re: [TowerTalk] freight services

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] freight services
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2018 20:33:51 -0500
As Grant mentioned, trucking companies often give businesses huge discounts.
At one point in my life I was able to ship personal items LTL very
inexpensively though my employer. When this is not an option, ship terminal
to terminal or to a business as home delivery really jacks up the pricing.

John KK9A

From:   Grant Saviers KZ1W
Date:   Fri, 9 Nov 2018 16:49:07 -0800

You might try an on-line freight broker that specializes in LTL (less than
truckload).  I used Freightquote a few times, not sure they are still
around.

OTOH, FedEx and UPS now handle LTL freight.  UPS beats stuff up pretty badly
in my experience.  FedEx doesn't.

Some employers allow employees to use the discounted rates they have.

Grant KZ1W