Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12 antenna part

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12 antenna part
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2018 07:11:13 -0500
Stainless steel and aluminum are pretty far apart on the galvanic table.
In a corrosive environment the bolt would be difficult to take apart no
matter what precautions were taken. With a little craftsmanship you should
be able to find something at McMaster-Carr that you can use to make
replacements out of.

If you're rebuilding linear loaded elements I would consider changing the

John KK9A

Jim Thomson VE7RF wrote:

###  I have seen the same identical  6  x sided aluminum stand offs ,
with  1/4-20 threads in both ends..at local big box stores.   The F12
version..on SOME of his versions,
also had a aluminum piece welded to the outboard end.    Some mode;s did
not have the welded end..and just had a hole in the side for the alumo
weld wire to slide into.

Jim   VE7RF

<<I am in the prossess of rebuilding a F-12  2X40 and 2 30 on the same
<<24 Ft. boom

<<The original owner  never took the precausions  to use a never seize
<<on the aluminum  standoff  resulting in snapped off   SS 1/4 in SS
<<bolts.  Is there a source for these  standoffs ?

<<73?  Wayne  W3EA