Re: [TowerTalk] More on Half Wave (and HFTA)

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] More on Half Wave (and HFTA)
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2019 17:30:02 -0800
On 1/19/19 2:24 PM, john@kk9a.com wrote:
Excellent post Shawn.

I was concerned about this when W9AC mentioned small height changes making
big radiation angle differences at W3CRA(sk)
http://lists.contesting.com/pipermail/towertalk/2019-January/162525.html

Also I have seen many people use HFTA to optimize stacking heights and it
does not calculate interaction of close beams properly.

I believe it models them as independent point sources with a specified elevation and azimuth pattern with Hpol.

One could, in theory, run a vertical pattern with NEC with both antennas (in whatever configurations) in "free space" and then feed that into HFTA (or a HFTA like program) to do the far field pattern.

John KK9A

From: Shawn Donley n3ae
Date: Sat Jan 19 13:17:35 EST 2019

Since terrain effects have entered the discussion, here's my 2 cents
(probably less) on the subject.   Like any modeling program, be careful
interpreting HFTA results.   See my earlier post at:

http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/Towertalk/2016-07/msg00350.html

N3AE