Re: [TowerTalk] identifying Mosley antenna

To: terry burge <ki7m@comcast.net>, "wa4jqs@mikrotec.com" <wa4jqs@mikrotec.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] identifying Mosley antenna
From: Bob Turner <n2scj-lists@outlook.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2019 00:22:01 +0000
Take a look.

https://jkantennas.com/jk-navassa-5.html

7 3  Bob
N2SCJ

-----Original Message-----
From: TowerTalk [mailto:towertalk-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of terry
burge
Sent: Friday, February 8, 2019 5:35 PM
To: wa4jqs@mikrotec.com; towertalk@contesting.com; terry burge
<ki7m@comcast.net>

Tony,

If you are looking for spreaders for another quad or similar antenna then
checkout Max Gain Systems. They make the best spreaders for quads I have ever
found. I thought the Lightning Bolt spreaders were good but the ones I got from
MGS were really strong and outstanding two piece. I've got enough to build
another large quad array 4/5/6/7 elements 10-20 meters. They also have them for
40 meter quads. Only thing is be prepared to spend for the shipping. Think I
paid about as much for the shipping as I did for the spreaders. But a quad can
be build that should last for many years. The next one I plan to build will be
perhaps a 36' boom job and I intend to make sure everything is double safe to
last. One of the things especially about a large multi-element array is lots of
things to break, spin on the mast, get ice buildup, etc. We don't get much of
the ice out here but it can happen. Wind is the biggest problem on the west
coast I think.

Terry
KI7M