Re: [TowerTalk] F-connectors

To: john@kk9a.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] F-connectors
From: Clay Autery <KY5G@montac.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 09:31:45 -0500
Actually, there are VERY high quality F-connectors available with gold plated
center pins (crimp and/or solder), ptfe insulation, et al.Canare makes
excellent broadcast quality cable and connectors in F and BNC.And they make the
tooling to along with the materials.73,Clay, KY5GSent from my Verizon, Samsung
Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: john@kk9a.com Date: 3/13/19  21:00
(GMT-06:00) To: towertalk@contesting.com Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] F-connectors
I am wondering why F connectors are popular in amateur radio stations?  Theyare
not waterproof, maybe partially if an o-ring is added. Basically asTerry noted
they are a cheap connector that has no center pin other the coaxwire. John