[TowerTalk] "Newer Style" Rohn 45G Guy Brackets

To: Towertalk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] "Newer Style" Rohn 45G Guy Brackets
From: Byron Tatum <bjtatum1@att.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 01:18:54 +0000 (UTC)
Hello-     I have always used the "older style" Rohn 45G guy brackets that have
two of 5/8" bolts at the guy attachment points. One bolt (inner one) secures
bracket and rests against tower leg, the other bolt (outer one) is for
attachment of torque arm piece or a guy wire thimble.     I bought some of the
"newer style" 45G guy brackets that were incomplete, all I got was the large
pieces. I bought the 3 of smaller inner bracket pieces that bolt to interior of
bracket from a Rohn supplier, but I did not think to get the washers and guy
attachment ring pieces that attach to the single 5/8" bolt out at guy bracket
ends.     I was studying the drawing for this style bracket and it appears to
me that the washers and "guy attachment ring" are probably necessary. I thought
I would ask someone that has attached these style brackets if you could use a
thimble in there instead of the ring. Possibly the single bolt tightens up
against the washers and ring, and is necessary to have correct thickness in
there.Thanks,Byron