[TowerTalk] Tower Removal 40'

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Removal 40'
From: Wilson Lamb <infomet@embarqmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2019 20:54:43 -0400 (EDT)
Can you get a rope over a roof, tree limb, to help lower.
Is it guyed, bracketed?  If so, climbing up to put on the lowering line should
be OK.
At 40', you'd want four guys for manhandling.
You can stand in a pickup, to get hold of it higher?
If you cut one leg at ground level, it will fold nicely on the other two.
I get 25G for 25-40 bucks/section around here, depending on condition, so it's
not worth renting anything, as stated.
Find a local with experience to help/advise and use some judgement.
Just a little work will save it in usable form.
Cut it off above the splits and that's your base section.
Yes, friends and I have done all this, several times!  Several of our FD towers
are 30' of 25G, often manhandled and sometimes tractor assisted.
Let us know what happens.
Wilson
W4BOH