Re: [TowerTalk] Solid Tower Ground Wires

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Solid Tower Ground Wires
From: Mac <libbysales@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2019 14:54:27 -0500
This wire is fine , it is hard drawn Vs. soft drawn is all..  Use it and be glad you got for free i guess ..

mac/mc  w5mc

On 5/18/2019 6:55 AM, Mike & Becca Krzystyniak wrote:
Greetings,

    This wire was a barn find.  It ws coiled up in the rafters for storage
many years ago by an in-law.
    My guess is that it was up there for 40+ years.

    I just checked and the wire I have is not magnetic. I even checked using
one of those super magnets.
    The wire core looks reddish brown, and is distinct from the shiney copper
shell or margins.

    For grins I ran to Home Depot and the solid #4/#6 wire they sell there
looks the same, similar structure including the colored core.
    Of course the sales guy knows nothing (and I really wouldn't expect him
too).

    I guess I got some specification digging to do.  I have about a 50' coil.
    Maybe the best thing to do is just get new copper stranded wire so I know
what I have and put this stuff back in the barn.
Thanks again to all for the comments, pictures, links, and diagnostic
suggestions.

73  Mike K9MK