Re: [TowerTalk] 6m Yagi 10' from a 10-15-20 Tribander

To: "TowerTalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 6m Yagi 10' from a 10-15-20 Tribander
From: Michael Clarson <wv2zow@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 13:33:51 -0400
Modeling is a great tool for predicting antenna performance, but it is only
one tool in our arsenal, not the only tool..  In the article link I sent
out earlier, it was not "someone's guess", but information based on actual
measurements. When modeling, there is always the chance of an incorrect
assumption or leaving out one of the variables etc. In this case, I would
take Kent's measurements and see if the modeling program predicts the same
results. If not, adjusting the model would be in order. Once the model is
adjusted to predict the same results as the actual, real world
measurements, then one can scale the frequencies and materials sizes and
see what the model predicts using Richard's antennas. -- 73, Mike, WV2ZOW