Re: [TowerTalk] Request for replacement bearing information for tower ra

To: Grant KZ1W <grants2@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Request for replacement bearing information for tower raising fixture
From: Raymond Benny <rayn6vr@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2019 09:34:46 -0700
The bearing for the tower pulleys is the Fafnir or Torrington K8 or KP8,
but not the KP8A! The KP8A is smaller.

Look on eBay about a month ago, there were 10 available, I bought two.
Think they were abt $25 each.

I have been pressing out the old, bad bearings and pressing in new ones for
years. Don't forget to use a small pointed punch and make new pinches to
keep the bearing more securely in place.

Ray
N6VR

Near Prescott, AZ