Re: [TowerTalk] Coax joint weather sealing

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax joint weather sealing
From: Les Kalmus <w2lk@bk-lk.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 14:09:50 -0400
I have done many of these without any water ingress or removal problems by first wrapping with black PVC tape with the adhesive out. Then a PVC wrap with the adhesive in and then a butyl tape wrap and finally a PVC wrap over all. In every wrap each turn overlays the previous turn by half of the tape width and the overall length of the wrap extends beyond the length of the underlying wrap. Each wrap runs in the reverse direction of the previous one. Fifteen years later there were no water or removal issues.

Les W2LK