Re: [TowerTalk] Mounting 1.25 stinger in 3" tubing?

To: Jeff Blaine <KeepWalking188@ac0c.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mounting 1.25 stinger in 3" tubing?
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2019 14:57:42 -0700
Get a 1 foot length of 1 1/4 inch PVC Schedule 40 pipe
which will fit loosely over the 1 1/4 inch aluminum.
Saw four lengthwise slits a few inches long in one
end, at 90 degree spacing around the PVC.  Clamp
this to the aluminum with a hose clamp.

Repeat above using 3 inch PVC Schedule 40 pipe which
will fit loosely over the 3 inch aluminum.

Use standard PVC plumbing parts to connect the 1 1/4 inch PVC
pipe to the 3 inch PVC pipe using PVC pipe glue.

Jumper around this plastic assembly with a piece of
aluminum wire clamped to the aluminum tubing with
hose clamps.  This provides electrical continuity.

I built six 40 meter verticals this exact way (except
the stinger was 2 inch aluminum).

Note that the aluminum is inside the PVC in both cases,
and you do zero machining of the aluminum.

Rick N6RK