Re: [TowerTalk] Wire antenna?

To: k7lxc--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wire antenna?
From: Ken Bauer via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 09:42:05 -0700
I’ve used the EFHW-8010 over the last year at 100’, no counterpoise, and have
confirmed 98 entities on Lotw. Mark K6UFO just suggested that a counterpoise is
needed: <https://www.w8ji.com/end-fed_1_2_wave_matching_system_end%20feed.htm
<https://www.w8ji.com/end-fed_1_2_wave_matching_system_end%20feed.htm>>
I’ll be looking at adding that and other wire antennas as well. What has been
handy for me is that the EF-8010 is end fed - XYL is very conscious of the
appearance of her garden. Put a thin enough wire high enough it practically
disappears. Hang a thick feeder cable from the middle - not so much.
Ken, WC6Y