Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk DiRe: HDX 555 Motor Drive BEaringgest, Vol 19

To: Ken K6MR <k6mr@outlook.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk DiRe: HDX 555 Motor Drive BEaringgest, Vol 199, Issue 9
From: Charles Gallo <charlie@thegallos.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2019 15:00:05 -0400
That actually sounds like a design or maintenance flaw.
First, limit switches should have stopped that.
Second, the motor should not be able to produce enough power to break a lift
cable in good condition, it should stall/clutch before anything fails in the
lift chain

Properly maintaining your cable (properly called Wire Rope), and checking your
limit switches should be an annual thing
(And yes, I know it is somewhat controversial, but to me this includes using a
proper wire rope lube on your wire rope annually or more. I know we used to do
it on our hoists all the time)

--
73 de KG2V
Charlie