Re: [TowerTalk] Non HOA tower troubles

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Non HOA tower troubles
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 13:15:15 -0500
I concur. I assume that you're working on antennas in your backyard. Why not surround the visible areas with shrubs or a fence so no one can see the offensive antenna construction.

John KK9A

Richard (Rick) Karlquist N6RK wrote:

Cities (never mind HOA's) these days try to
outlaw all sorts of activities.  One Illinois
town was famous for banning all "commercial
vehicles" except while making deliveries.
A pickup truck was considered commercial.

Many cities have a crusade against the car
in the driveway on cinder blocks being
"repaired" endlessly.  The compliance officer
has catch all regulations covering "blight"
for things like your tower that are not
specifically mentioned.  Here in Sacramento
county, they enacted a law apparently written
by the car repair shops that prohibits doing
any thing but very simple and time limited
auto maintenance even in your own garage!
Even applies in ag zones; farmers can't work
on their tractors????  Are you kidding me?

You didn't mention that you have permits for
your towers, so I will assume you don't.  In
that case, the last thing you want to do is
to get into a feud with the compliance officer.
I suggest you ask the compliance officer what
you can do to keep the city happy.  Such as
tarping your towers, piling them up out of
sight from the street, storing them in the
garage, etc.  Maybe build a fenced area in
your yard that prevents visibility by the
city or neighbors.  Your efforts will probably
be appreciated by the XYL as well :-)

Rick N6RK