Re: [TowerTalk] Can you TRAM this ?

To: "TOWERTALK@contesting. com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Can you TRAM this ?
From: Charles Morrison <junkcmp@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2019 12:16:34 -0400
And yes, I will back guy the target tower.
Using this rope calculator for two different height anchors,  I set one end
at H= minus 40ft to simulate the load lifted. and set the other height to
92, which adds up to the total height. Total tension = 1529 lbs. at that
point.
I realize the forces will change as the load position changes.

https://www.ropelab.com.au/two-point-anchor-calculator-2/?fbclid=IwAR1VmtTjTBDz37LrllZcp38nRUhBya9j06djqytUMxv6DI2-X32ZLRFPndw

H1= 175
The horizontal distance from anchor 1 to the load.
V1= -40
The vertical distance from anchor 1 to the load.
H2= 135
The horizontal distance from anchor 2 to the load.
V2= 92 (132-40)
The vertical distance from anchor 2 to the load.
Load = 313
The weight of the load.
Calculations:
L1= 179.5
The calculated length from the load to anchor 1.
L2= 162.5
The calculated length from the load to anchor 2.
T1= 701
The line tension to anchor 1.
T2= 828
The line tension to anchor 2.
Included angle: 158 deg
The angle between strands at the load. (180 degs = zero sag)