Re: [TowerTalk] Can you TRAM this ?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Can you TRAM this ?
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2019 11:46:24 -0500
Are there other antennas on this tower? If not, I have installed many large antennas pulling them straight up going around the guys.

John KK9A

Charles Morrison N1RR wrote:

Will this work using a TRAM system and not a crane ?

Antenna to raise:  310 lbs x 48ft boom to be installed at 123'
Tower:           132' 55G (130MPH guying) with starguy at 122'
Tram wire:    1/4" EHS
Pulley on tram wire
Tram anchor point: at ground level @ 300ft away from target tower.
Slope:    0.41
Antenna launch point 135 feet away from target tower. (h=0) (165 ft from
Tram anchor point)
Attach 1/2" rope to TRAM WIRE PULLEY - up to pulley @ 130ft - then down to
electric rope capstan.
Begin tightening tram wire to slope thereby raising antenna located 165 ft
from target tower off the ground.

Then begin tramming antenna with electric rope capstan.

What weight/mass do I need at the tram anchor point ?
Tree ?
Vehicle ?
Deadman anchor in ground ?

Antenna launch point can not be moved. Lot is too narrow and theres another
tower nearby.

As an alternative, I may a usable tram anchor point 400+ feet away. - I'm
going out to look ant how that lines up now ....

-Charlie N1RR