Re: [TowerTalk] Cell Flex Cable Question

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cell Flex Cable Question
From: Steve Davis | Davis RF <sdavis@davisrf.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2019 16:28:47 +0000

________________________________
 Bob,  1/2" RFS Cellflex Tm is not as flexible as the name might imply.  It is
not good for rotor loops unless you use a loop that is far longer than what
length you would use for say a LMR-400 UF or Belden 9913F7 (their Belden being
preferable for a number of reasons)

1/2" RFS Cable Wave Systems
Cellflex Tm   IS, in fact, hardline.  It uses an annularly corrugated  outer
copper shield, same as Heliax.

At 20 M.  the attenuation is low for many cable choices.  Also,  if you chose
Cellflex, you would want to use a rotor loop of 9913F7, etc.  Splicing that in
with two connectors and a barrel adaptor, CONTRARY to popular belief, is going
to create such a low insertion loss, that there will never be any perceptible
negative factor to any receive or transmitted signal.  I'm talking less than
.002 dB (at the MUF of the connector, 300 MHz is the MUF for our UHF
connectors)  using our commercial connectors.

As I stated in the email to you this a.m, which crossed in the mail with your
posting here today, I will get back to you with facts, details, alternatives
and lower costs than 1/2" RFS
   73  Steve   K1PEK,  Snr. Cable Design Engr/Founder,   DAVIS RF Co.

Message: 8