Re: [TowerTalk] help on long rotor runs??

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] help on long rotor runs??
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 17:22:32 -0700

I suspect the problem is due to something else, but if you're looking for heavier gauge wire for the power feed to a rotator you might consider simply using 14 or 12 gauge UF residential wire ... the stuff that's gray in color with fully molded insulation.  My run is also about 200 feet and I've used UF wire for years for that purpose.  It has held up quite well even in the nasty Arizona sun.

73,
Dave   AB7E