Re: [TowerTalk] help on long rotor runs??

To: <w5jmw@towerfarm.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] help on long rotor runs??
From: <n6sj@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 21:18:34 -0700
I had this problem years ago on a long rotor cable run.  I added a small
transformer in series with the AC voltage going to the tower.  I think it
was a 6 volt filament transformer, maybe 5 amps.  I wired the primary in
parallel with the power to the rotor controller.  Had to reverse the
secondary winding after I first hooked it up because it was "bucking" the
voltage rather than "boosting".  So the extra 6 volts at the head end
overcame the resistance losses and gave me enough voltage at the tower end
to make the rotor work fine.  Of course this only works for a rotor running
on AC .

73,
Steve
N6SJ