Re: [TowerTalk] I need Amphenol connectors - where can I get them?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] I need Amphenol connectors - where can I get them?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 12:16:49 -0700
Yes. I've bought Amphenol connectors from RF Parts several times and been quite satisfied.

On the other hand, I have had SERIOUS issues with the business practices of RF Connection. Several years ago, I made a large group purchase of connectors and adapters from them on the basis of a telephone quote. The owner then told me that the quote was too low, honored it to me when I insisted, and took the difference out of the employee's pocket.

Years earlier I bought a half-dozen or so each of several types of DIN connectors that they sold. When I tried to use them, I found that the metals were of a type that I couldn't solder to, and that the plastic dielectric melted. When I called to complain, I was told that "hams are cheap."

73, Jim K9YC