Re: [TowerTalk] NEC4 server

To: James Ying <n2iw@me.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] NEC4 server
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 17:52:55 -0800
On 11/9/19 4:57 PM, James Ying wrote:
It’s a great idea for folks like me who don’t have a NEC4 license! It’s not very hard to
implement, just use a queue (such as RabbitMQ, Active MQ or AWS SQS) to accept and distribute jobs, and use a web
page to upload files and send jobs to the queue, the server listens on the queue, and do the computation, send an
email to the user or let the user fetch the results with an ID obtained when submitting the file. At work, I have
wrote a few these applications for cancer researchers. The only issue is the NEC4 license, does it allow these
kind of “sharing”?

That is, in fact, the important question - I'll have to seek some legal assistance.