Re: [TowerTalk] Weekend from hell

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Weekend from hell
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 09:12:54 -0600
Imagine the FCC taking an interest in such a case today!

73,
Scott K9MA

On 11/19/2019 06:14, Patrick Greenlee wrote:
I was first licensed in 1962 and when in the USAF in 1966 I had the base commander's permission to operate an electronic entertainment system repair business from my on base house. My main parts supplier was in town 15 miles  and an expensive long distance call away so I used CB to talk to the supplier as well as to coordinate with two partners. A near neighbor said nothing to me but turned in a formal interference complaint stating I was jamming his TV with my CB.  I got a letter from the FCC and had to get a 2nd class radiotelephone licensee to investigate and report via a form the FCC supplied.  My equipment checked out OK but upon checking the complainants TV it was found to be a very old obsolete unit with an IF frequency in the 27 MHz band.  I was transmitting directly into his RF chain.  I was not required to do anything and the complainant could suffer the interference or get a different TV. The 2nd class was a USAF officer who did the work pro bono as he was a pilot and I was the instrument trainer operator/instructor he came to for 2 hours per quarter.

--
Scott  K9MA

k9ma@sdellington.us