Re: [TowerTalk] Which Vertical is More Robust ?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Which Vertical is More Robust ?
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2020 14:41:31 -0500

I was just wondering, since I am starting from scratch  if having
larger dia tubing was a plus or a minus when all the factors are
considered. BTW the EMT and aluminum tubing have about the same wall
thickness (0.065" & 0.058").
Since the "strength" increases at the fourth power of the radius of
the tube while the load increases at 2 x the radius, without running
the exact specifics, I would suggest the larger diameter version will
be stronger overall.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV