Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Guy Calculations

To: Skip <kj6y@aol.com>, "n6sj@earthlink.net" <n6sj@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Guy Calculations
From: David Aslin G3WGN <david@aslinvc.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 17:38:29 +0000
In north west Europe there are many guyed crank-up, tilt-over towers, most made
by Versatower.  There is a rope-controlled stop (called a 'flapper') which
takes the strain off the lifting cable, avoiding transfer of the headload +
guying load to that cable, once raising is complete.

Unfortunately for my participation in ARRL DX CW this weekend, the tower is
luffed over and the winds are already too strong to raise it.  (spec is 12.5mph
max raising windspeed).  Storm Dennis is about to arrive.
73, David G3WGN  M6O