Re: [TowerTalk] Fan Dipole

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fan Dipole
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 12:03:59 -0800
On 2/17/20 11:12 AM, Jeff Widen via TowerTalk wrote:
I want to add a 20 meter wire to my 30 meter dipole and am looking for suggestions
for spreaders to separate the  elements. Half inch PVC pipe seems to bulky and
heavy, any suggestions for something lighter that will hold up to the sun? Also what
is the best separation distance?

There are fiberglass posts about 1/4" in diameter for electric fences. You can saw them down.

Strips of a black polyethylene cutting board.

Bamboo skewers or wood chopsticks?

you can buy long sticks of UV inhibited PVC - check McMaster-Carr

Separation distance? My Alpha-Delta DX-CC used about 6"