Re: [TowerTalk] Fan Dipole

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fan Dipole
From: Dan Maguire <danac6la@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 21:51:17 -0800
That's called a "Coupled-Resonator" dipole.  For details on modeling
something like that see:

https://ac6la.com/aecollection4.html#15b

Dan, AC6LA

On Mon, 17 Feb 2020 14:41:19 -0500 Dave Sublette wrote:

I added a #14 THHN wire spaced 12" above my 40 meter rotary dipole. I cut
it to about 46 feet +/-.  I modeled it on a program called Antenna Model.
With NO connection to the existing 40 meter dipole or its feedline, the
antenna is now a well matched antenna for both 30 and 40 meters.  The
spacers were 1/2 inch fiberglass rods sawn from electric fence posts bought
at a local farm supply store. The stand offs were fastened to the dipole
element with short pieces of aluminum angle and U-bolts.  I only used three
spacers for each half of the dipole.

This is the same technique pioneered by Force 12 antennas.  It works.

73,Dave, K4TO