Re: [TowerTalk] Broadcast Band Filter

To: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>, towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Broadcast Band Filter
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 08:06:32 -0700
2nd that. I bought the "4 hole mount" F jacks from China. Other problems:

The center pin grip was too tight for F male connectors for RG179, the pin broke off. Only a CCS RG6 conductor was tough enough to force them open.

The threaded section does not have the chamfer for proper sealing to connectors with internal o-rings.

Spend the extra few dollars for Amphenol is my advice.

Grant KZ1W