[TowerTalk] Guy Wire Anchors

To: "Towertalk@contesting.com" <Towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy Wire Anchors
From: Courtney Judd <k4wi@k4wi.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 06:51:50 -0500
Back in the 1980's after loosing several towers due to the anchors in concrete coming out of this Alabama heavy clay like they were greased, I decided to bite the bullet and spend some money. Went to town and bought two cases of Bud and called my buddy in the power company and asked him for some help. He and his crew came by in a few days, augered in 3 ten foot deep holes, dropped in 11 foot anchors, smacked them to open the clam shells and back filled. Only way to get rid of them is to dig about 1 foot down and use a cutting torch.... they are permanent. Problem solved for the price of 2 cases! 73's Cort K4WI