Re: [TowerTalk] NVIS (not exactly towers, but HF)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] NVIS (not exactly towers, but HF)
From: <dj7ww@t-online.de>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2020 18:29:20 +0200
With a straight dipole at 0.25 lambda base would have heard you much
stronger.
The main lobe of that dipole is also straight up at 90° but with much more
gain.

NVIS is good when the military wants just short range communication ONLY,
not to be heard by the enemy.

For ham radio use those antennas are not very useful at all though better
then no antenna.

73
Peter