Re: [TowerTalk] OT: Bonding to Teflon

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OT: Bonding to Teflon
From: Gedas <w8bya@mchsi.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2020 17:16:54 -0400
It may very well come down to a mechanical solution.

One idea that came to mind, because the final antenna will be a circular open WG,just would be to cut the teflon to fit over the WG opening with a slight overhang, then, find a plastic lid off a jar of anything that will just slip over the OD of the WG. There could even be a 1/4" between the two, it won't matter because it will be filled with RTV.

Then I would carefully cut out a circle (the majority of the plastic lid ID) leaving only around 5mm or so of a "lip" that protruded inwards. That lip would push down on the teflon and the lid could be sealed with RTV to the outside of the WG. Kind of hard to explain in words but it would sorta resemble a solar safety screen that is slipped over (capped over) the front of small telescopes for solar eclipse viewing etc.

https://www.highpointscientific.com/spectrum-film-solar-filter-for-92-mm-98-mm-od-telescopes-st400bp1?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse&utm_term=SPR-ST400BP1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwgJv4BRCrARIsAB17JI7xaR2GbScExEdlFl4WcyfcZuHXm-mQNkq9HUD2aEI5jwx66Ei-aFUaAijHEALw_wcB

Gedas, W8BYA EN70JT

Gallery at http://w8bya.com
Light travels faster than sound....