Re: [TowerTalk] OT: Bonding to Teflon

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OT: Bonding to Teflon
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2020 21:24:05 -0400
Since this is towertalk, I can relate your post to Teflon coax. I have
outdoor Teflon coax jumpers and it is pretty tough to get waterproofing
material to adhere to the jacket.

John KK9A

Gedas w8bya wrote:

Pardon the OT post but we have so many knowledgeable folks here I was
hoping I could get a quick answer.

This is antenna & RF related so maybe not super far off OT hi-hi.

I have a 1/16" thick 3"x3" sheet of Teflon that I need to "glue" to the
front of a uW horn antenna to keep water, dirt, bugs, etc out of it. Can
anyone tell me what type of adhesive is known to adhere to Teflon and is
not too difficult to acquire? TU

Gedas, W8BYA EN70JT