Re: [TowerTalk] 10/15 yagi design

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 10/15 yagi design
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2020 22:37:58 -0700
My interlaced 30/17 beam design effort demonstrated to me the difficulties and the experience (and art) needed to get the general interlaced architecture in a good starting place. In fact, I'm amazed that designers have succeeded with 5 band designs on one boom with one feedpoint.

Then AutoEZ is a terrific tool to find the desired sweet spot of gain, F/B, & swr bandwidth buts needs that good starting point to optimize. It sometimes goes "into the weeds" in its searching. And for 10 elements a lot of MIPS and NEC4.2 and probably many tries. I also found there was no free lunch as even successful interlacing cost some performance loss usually in gain and F/B vs same envelope single band versions. So would suggest starting with good monoband OWA designs to interlace.

Grant KZ1W