Re: [TowerTalk] 40 Meter Beam problem

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40 Meter Beam problem
From: Dave Thompson <thompson@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2020 10:58:03 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Thanks for all the replies.  My MFJ-259B does not have a TDR.  When putting up
the beams 3 years ago I did have a problem with a bad double connector.
Replacing it cured the problem.  I plan on replacing the balun with the coax
type balun.  This was on the beam for over 20 years with no problems.

I used binoculars to look at the feed point of the beam with no problem found
from the ground.

I plan on contacting a local tower guy next week.

73 Dave K4JRB