Re: [TowerTalk] Flat Wrenches

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Flat Wrenches
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2020 21:24:00 -0500
1/8 inch is too thick for 6-32 or 8-32 jam nuts.

73,
Scott K9MA

On 7/21/2020 9:02 PM, Richard (Rick) Karlquist wrote:

On 7/21/2020 3:26 PM, Don wrote:
And metric.

Don W7WLL

On 7/21/2020 2:03 PM, K9MA wrote:

Speaking of which, it's hard to find wrenches thin enough to lock two 6-32 or 8-32 nuts together. I have one old, cheap, Craftsman set that works, but sooner or later I'm going to lose one of those up on the tower. All the small wrench sets ("Ignition Wrenches") available seem to be too thick. Short of grinding them down, does anyone know where to get thin ones in SAE sizes?

See:

https://www.protoindustrial.com/en/industrial-tools/Proto/Wrenches/Open-End-Wrenches/07779224-5825-486f-90ba-6e2a223cbc23_Proto%c2%ae-Ignition-Wrenches/

These are 1/8 inch to 5/32 inch thick.

We used to have these when I worked for HP for tightening connectors
or control shafts that went through the front panel.  For whatever
reason, there wasn't enough thread for normal wrenches.  It had
to do with the structural front panel as opposed to the "dress
front panel".  Something like that.  Naturally, I repurposed these
for jam nuts, etc at home.

Rick N6RK

Scott  K9MA

k9ma@sdellington.us