Re: [TowerTalk] Galvenized Monopole Foundation

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Galvenized Monopole Foundation
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2020 10:01:07 -0400
They typically have climbing pegs and a safety climb cable. For installing top mounted collars and platforms a crane is normally used. Once the platform is there, other work can be accomplished with just a capstan winch.

For a double collar ham install, it would be comfortable standing on the lower collar as one works around the pole.

That all said - I prefer an SS lattice tower over a pole. By the time you load the outside of the pole with all kinds of contraptions, much of the aesthetic advantage has gone away. It's easier to maneuver around on a lattice tower, no question.

A rotating pole looks nice - big bucks though.

-Steve K8LX