Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G1000DXA - Post Installation Alignment

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G1000DXA - Post Installation Alignment
From: Gedas <w8bya@mchsi.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 16:22:57 -0400
Update.....so for me this technique is not working.

Zero'ed in on a known station to the NW, noted the dial was off. I pulled off the dial indicator and stuck it on his correct heading. All seemed fine until I went to work a station to the NE and of course I found I was off......I figured no problem I would adjust the max rotation pot on the back to line that station up. After going back & forth a few times I think I was all set.

That is until today when I tried for the 1st time to work a station almost due south of me at 185 degrees. Turned the rotor all the way CCW and the dial stopped at about 200 degrees. So basically I am all dorked up here.

At this point I would not suggest folks just pull off the dial indicator and stick it at the "right heading", not w/o repercussions or other required adjustments that will need to be done because of that. Now that the tower is erected that will be more difficult since I do not climb.

Gedas, W8BYA EN70JT

Gallery at http://w8bya.com
Light travels faster than sound....