Re: [TowerTalk] Tower accident

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower accident
From: Ken K6MR <k6mr@outlook.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 17:23:52 +0000
Yes, this may be “baseless speculation”, but there are certain climbing rules
that make it impossible for such an “accident” to happen.  100% tie off is one
of them.

I’d bet dollars to donuts he free climbed to where he needed to work, and then
tried to put a positioning lanyard in place.  Had he been climbing with a dual
hook fall arrest harness, this would not have happened.

Ken K6MR