Re: [TowerTalk] Tree's and Screws

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tree's and Screws
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 12:43:40 -0700
On 8/20/20 11:22 AM, k7lxc--- via TowerTalk wrote:
   The QST Article from September 1989, "The Care and Feeding of an Amateur's Favorite Antenna Support - the Tree" says
Cadmium plated (but I think avoiding Copper is the main thing). The author also mentions removing when done. It's a pretty good
article. He is not a fan of topping trees!     This terrific article is also one of the chapters of my UP THE TOWER -
The Complete Guide To Tower Construction book. That's one chapter out of 36 - LOTS of info in there! Available from
championradio.com. Cheers,Steve     K7LXCCell: 206-890-4188TOWER TECHand Champion Radio Products

Today, of course, you won't find cad plated hardware - zinc is your friend.