Re: [TowerTalk] Removal of Coaxiseal

To: "Tower Talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Removal of Coaxiseal
From: <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 09:05:41 -0500
Yes.  But this is 20-20 hindsight:
First, wrap the connection with Scotch 88, turned with sticky side out.
Next apply seal.  I use Scotch 2228.  Finally, wrap with Scotch 88 in normal
manner.  Then to remove, cut through to the inner tape and the whole
dressing can be pulled off.  I usually cut down to the connector, then
complete the cut after pulling the tape away from the connector.

If seal was applied directly, I would cut coax flush with the connector and
use pliers to remove the connector.  From there, I would use WD40 and a
brush to remove the seal.  If that was unsatisfactory, there is always
naphtha, acetone and lacquer thinner (MEK) to try, but these may damage the
connector.

GL

73, Keith NM5G