Re: [TowerTalk] 40 meter beam

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40 meter beam
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2020 21:10:47 -0400
I believe Cushcraft uses 68 turns of 12 AWG wire. There are much more
efficient loading coil designs that are also more durable.

John KK9A

From: Martin Pelt N4UU
Date: Sat, Sep 26, 2020 at 4:10 PM

I got the elements down from my not working cushcraft 402cd today.  One of
the loading coils vaporized by Thor !! Just checking to see if maybe
someone has one laying around or I'm trying to figure what gauge the
enameled wire is and track that down and rewind. If I can get fixed this
week got help lined up for next weekend and I'll be ready for the contest
season.

73, Martin n4uu