Re: [TowerTalk] HDX-555 raising fixture sheave(s) ??

To: Mike & Becca Krzystyniak <k9mk@flash.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HDX-555 raising fixture sheave(s) ??
From: Jon Pearl - W4ABC <jonpearl@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 23:48:03 -0400
Hi Mike.

Here's some resources...

https://www.isheaves.com/

https://www.bairstow.com/Oem-Custom-Replacement-Wire-Rope-Sheaves-p/customsheave.htm

https://www.blockdivision.com/Sheaves-Bushings-Bearings-Pulley-Blocks-Parts/

http://www.heightstowers.com/accessories.html

73,

Jon Pearl - W4ABC

On 10/14/2020 9:28 PM, Mike & Becca Krzystyniak wrote:
Greetings,

    Without going to UST, I have been trying to locate a replacement
pulley/sheave for my HDX-555 tower.  This is sheave that the raising cable
uses. There are two slots but there was only one sheave.  Can someone
confirm whether the tower uses 1 or 2 sheaves, and also a lead on where to
buy other than UST?

Spec: 3.5" OD, 1/2 inch thick with 1/2" bolt hole.  It is aluminum with what
appears to be a pressed in bearing (which has siezed).

Thanks for any info.

73  Mike  K9MK